Special offer: Purchase a Nanode Kit and get an FTDI adapter and a USB cable for free. This is an amazing deal!
FTDI adapters typically cost $14 or more, and cables are about $4. This offer will not last forever. The FTDI adapter comes fully assembled, ready to use.
Nanode is an open source Arduino-like board that has in-built web connectivity. It is a low cost platform for creative development of web connected ideas.
The Nanode, developed in the UK by Ken Boak in cooperation with London Hackerspace is an incredible package. It's like an Arduino with an Ethernet shield built in. Please note that you need an FTDI cable (or similar) to program the Nanode.
- Extensive documentation and example projects here and lots more here
- Three connectivity ports: Ethernet and Wired Serial
- Works with the Sensor and Transmitter Node and Reciever Shield.
- Can be remotely configured by browser. (Note: You can not upload sketches via the browser yet)
- Can send and receive data using Pachube.
- On chip web server allows remote control of I/O.
- completely through-hole construction - so easy to build with readily available components
- breadboard compatible.
- 100% open source.
- compatible with most Arduino shields and software.
- USB programming interface.
- Remote sensing and control.
- Web server and client.
- Smart sensor networks.
- Home Automation.
- Energy Monitoring.
- Machine Control.
- 16MHz ATmega328 microcontroller (Same as Arduino).
- 10BASE-T Ethernet controller ENC28J60.
- Unique MAC address generator.
- SPI expansion memory (SRAM, Flash or FRAM).
- Compatible with the Sensor and Transmitter Node and Reciever Shield, the Jee Labs RFM12B wireless board and others.
- 6 analogue sensor lines with 10 bit A-D converter.
- Up to 14 digital I/O lines.
- Can drive servos, displays etc.
- Serial Inter-Nanode Bus - allows Nanodes to be slaved together.
- atmega328P core running at 16MHz.
- 32KB ISP flash memory.
- 1KB EEPROM.
- 2KB SRAM.
- 5V 250mA - USB or external Power
The Nanode is extensively documented here: http://wiki.hackspace.org.uk/wiki/Project:Nanode. You will be sent Pachube instructions on shipping - sign up for a free account in the mean time.
Special offer of cable valid only while stocks last